Become A Volunteer
Education First is comprised of a diverse group of volunteers who work together toward a common goal: Improving the lives of disadvantaged students through college scholarships and mentoring.
Our volunteers contribute in a wide variety of ways. They select scholars, mentor students, raise money, plan events, work on national initiatives, and more. Regardless of the activity, our volunteers work together as a team to make a difference.
We value our volunteers’ time and effort, and we provide our volunteers with opportunities to expand their perspectives, skill sets, and networks. You can make a difference. Enrich the lives of students by becoming a volunteer in one of the following cities today:
- Austin, TX
- Denver, CO
- Los Angeles, CA
- Portland, OR
- San Francisco, CA
- Seattle, WA
Our regional activities are divided into the five focus areas listed below. Often, an individual volunteer is assigned to each area, but in many cases the local team opt to divide the workload differently.
- Leads regional team
- Responsible for meeting regional and operational fundraising objectives
Fund Raising Campaign Chair
- Drives private and corporate fundraising and development
School Liaison Chair
- Partner with targeted school to inform counselors, teachers and students about the scholarship program.
- Plan, coordinate and execute fundraising events
Scholar Selection Chair
- Coordinate the application reviews
- Manage the applicants through the selection process
If you are not interested in any of the listed roles but still share a passion for the mission of Education First, please let us know as we have a need for a variety of skill sets.
What would be expected of me as a volunteer?
- Demonstrate a passion for our cause
- Participate in our fund-raising campaign
- Be a team player. We are 100% volunteer run and regional teams are the foundation of the organization
With six regional and many national positions, our board of directors are responsible for providing leadership to for the organization. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent Scholarship Winners
North High School
Rainier Beach High School
Past Scholars —
Where Are They Now?
I have been extremely busy. I am a full time student at South Seattle Community College currently in my last quarter for my Associates of Arts, which means I am getting ready to apply to universities and decide my major. I work 32 hours a week at ITT Technical Institute in the Career Service Department. It is hard sometimes (as a single mother of two) but I try my best.
~ Vanessa Garcia, '07 Winner
(Chief Sealth High School, Seattle)